Streetprint Engine 3.0 Final - Read Me
Congratulations! You've successfully downloaded the Streetprint Engine.
To install or upgrade the Streetprint Engine on your web server, follow the instructions below. (Since writing upgraders/installers is hard, ours may not function perfectly on every server setup, such as servers running PHP in "safe mode." If you encounter any problems during installation, please contact email@example.com and help us improve our installer.)
For Pre-3.0 Users
1. Ensure that you (or your web host) are running up-to-date versions of PHP and MySQL. The Streetprint Engine requires PHP 4.1 or higher and MySQL 3.23.x or higher. We've tested up to Apache 18.104.22.168, MySQL 4.1.12, and PHP 5.1.2.
2. Connect to your web server via FTP or any other means.
3. Create a directory on your server called 'streetprint' (or any other name you prefer). CHMOD this directory to 777. (On Windows, make the directory 'world-writeable' so that all users can read/write/execute.)
4. Upload the following files into your new directory: install.php (in ASCII mode) and SP300.sp (in binary mode).
5. Using a web browser, go to: http://www.mywebsite.com/streetprint/install.php (where 'mywebsite.com' is the address of your web server).
6. Follow the installer's on-screen directions.
7. Once the installation is complete, delete the install.php and SP300.sp files.
A complete manual for the Streetprint Engine 2.1 is available on our website. It's a couple of revisions behind, but it is still a useful resource. Here are a few quick tips to get you started if you decide not to download the manual (though I don't know why you wouldn't, it's awesome!):
Don't miss these new features in Version 3.0:
Please note: Upgrading froom 3.0 (Public Beta) to 3.0 (Final) is mostly a matter of bug fixes. No new features were added between these two versions (for that, look forward to version 4!).
1. Connect to your web server via FTP or any other means.
2. Create a copy of your existing Streetprint directory and database as a precautionary backup.
3. Upload the following files into your existing Streetprint directory: install.php (in ASCII mode) and SP300b.sp (in binary mode).
4. Using a web browser, go to: http://www.mywebsite.com/streetprint/install.php (where 'mywebsite.com' is the address of your web server).
5. Follow the installer's on-screen directions.
6. Once the upgrade is complete, delete the install.php and SP300b.sp files.
Upgrade Guide for Pre-3.0 (Public Beta) users
Before you attempt to use this installer, please download and install Streetprint 3.0 (PublicBeta)'s upgrader which can be acquired on our SourceForge site.